Navy blue footwear is understated and underrated which is such a shame when it comes to ladies' fashion. It's the perfect softer toned alternative to black and therefore the ideal go-to for summer loafers, sandals, wedges and espadrilles. Here's some advice on how to add navy blue footwear to your summer wardrobe this year.
It's time to up your game when it comes to smart workwear. Yes, your cute black ballet pumps are a standard and you may even stretch to a flat sandal, such as our Lunar Asia's, when the sun really shines. However, a classic navy loafer is a worthwhile investment.
How to style the navy loafer...
- Soften your work style with navy loafers by matching it with some cute ankle grazing trousers in tan, camel, taupe, brights, or whites
Credit: Hallie Daily
- Remember that a Bretton top works every time, and that classic navy stripes need a classic shoe to match.
Credit: J Crew
- Dress the loafers down to create a nautical look with crisp white trousers and a cute jute tote bag.
Credit: J Crew
A high summer wedge in navy is a great style choice for those warm summer evenings out with a cocktail in hand. Whether you are abroad, or at a summer BBQ, a wedge will keep your feet comfortable and avoid the sinking into the grass situation which heels can often cause.
Opting for navy allows you to wear bold summer prints, as well as brights, such as yellows, oranges and pinks.
How to style the navy wedge jute sandal...
- Think flowing floral maxi dress to keep you cool and super sophisticated
- Glam up a cute co-ord set
- Add height to a midi pleated skirt in off white
Credit: Styled Snapshots
It is very easy to get into a rut with your everyday wardrobe in the summer, but if you want to add a bit of style without compromising on comfort, a classic espadrille is a great go to. The height is not too high and not too low and the suede navy on our Lunar Jolie fit and feel like a slipper. What's not to love?
How to style the navy classic espadrille...
- Go tropical with the skirt
- Get shorty with the classic denim jeans and t-shirt. Combine with the espadrille for a stylish and casual Sunday BBQ style
Credit: Fashion For JoJo
- Spruce up your jeans wardrobe with the summer 2019 favourite, wide leg culotte style. Add espadrilles and you have a mum style fit for the school run.